The Best Chocolate Cookies
Recipe created by Sofia Hartcher
15min prep, 12-15min cook time, serves 4
- 1 ¼ cup of Flaxseed Meal
- 1 cup of Spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of pink himalayan salt
- 100g of dark chocolate chips (or to your liking)
- Zest of one whole Orange
- 1 heaped tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- ⅓ of a cup of Extra Virgin olive oil
- ⅓ of a cup of maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients including the dark chocolate chips.
- Then in a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and gently stir until well combined.
- If mixture is crumbly add a splash of milk (dairy free milk ok)
- With your hands shape the cookie dough into 9 balls, put them onto a lined tray and flatten a little bit.
- Put them in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave them to cool on the baking tray for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling tray to finish cooling.
Enjoy! I like them best fresh out of the oven!
Recipe by Sofia Hartcher