Nonna’s Bone Broth – Chicken Soup
Recipe created by the Casamento Family
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 1 medium brown onion roughly diced
- 3 celery stalks, roughly diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 carrots, roughly diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tomatoes, roughly diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 liters of filtered water
- 2 – 3 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Wash and clean whole chicken
- Place chicken and other ingredients in large pot submerged in filtered water.
- Bring to boil.
- Once boiled turn heat down and continue to simmer with lid on for a few hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken meat off the bone and add to the soup.
- Serve with boiled rice or buckwheat.