Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes (Gluten Free)
Recipe created by Adriana Hartcher
10min prep, 5min cook time, serves 4
1 cup of Buckwheat flour
1 cup of milk or milk alternative such as almond milk
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tbls cocoa powder
2 tbls grape seed oil
– Freshly sliced fruit: berries; mango; banana; papaya
– Nuts/seeds of your choice
– Greek or coconut yoghurt
– Nut butter
– Mixing bowl
– Spatula for flipping
– Fry pan
Prepare pancake mixture:
– Add all dry Pancake ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir. Gradually add wet ingredients and stir until smooth (no lumps).
– Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
– Heat fry pan on a low heat with a grape seed oil to coat base of the pan
– Pour enough of pancake batter into fry pan to cover the base of pan so that pancake is 0.5cm thick
– When you see bubbles raise to the top all over the pancake flip and cook on other side
– Once browned, transfer onto a plate and serve with toppings of your choice.
My favourite is a thick spread of nut butter + couple of tbls of Aldi coconut yoghurt + Connect Foods – Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Cocoa & Sea salt) (from Woolworths) + Mixed berries