Vegetable Curry with Turmeric & Coconut Milk
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Bell Peppers You can use any colour of bell pepper you please
- 1 Aubergine (Eggplant)
- 1/2 Can Chickpeas Drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder You can increase this if you like your curry hot
- 2 tbsp Golden Sultanas
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Dice all the vegetables into 1/2cm cubes, this will help everything cook evenly.
- Add a little olive oil into a large pot and heat on a medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, carrots and aubergine and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables with the spices and stir so everything is coated with the spice. Cook like this for 2-3 minutes to give the spices a chance to release all their flavour.
- Add the coconut milk, stir, add a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes. You can test if the curry is ready by sticking a knife through one of the pieces of carrot, if it’s soft it is done. If it needs longer, just pop the lid back on and keep simmering. Add the sultanas about 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Serve over couscous with some fresh coriander chopped on top!
This recipe has turmeric, garlic, onion and carrot, which are all good for your immune system. See Immune Boosting Foods blog for more season veg that you could add to your curry. You can save leftovers of this recipe in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or you can freeze it up to 2 months and re-heat when ready to eat it.